Waterfalls and Wildflowers Spring
2023 Dates TBA
Brevard, North Carolina
We will spend three days shooting in the “Land of Waterfalls” the Pisgah Forest in Transylvania County, North Carolina. During that time we will visit as many as eight waterfalls of all sizes and stop to shoot wildflowers along the way. This workshop will begin with a meeting of all participants on Wednesday evening to discuss shooting technique and layout our itinerary. This will allow us to start shooting early Thursday morning. We will shoot all day Friday and Saturday and possibly Sunday morning. During this time we will discuss and demonstrate the techniques of composition and exposure control for these unique locations, as well as macro techniques for wildflowers. There will be critique and review sessions after each day’s shooting. We have added an exciting new scenic location. We will visit the “Cradle of Forestry in America” the location of the very first Forestry school in the U.S.
Places we’ll visit: Eight different waterfalls including Looking Glass falls, Moore Cove falls, Slick Rock falls and more, sunrises along the Blue Ridge Parkway, and The Cradle of Forestry.
What we’ll learn: Aperture and Shutter Speed selection and composition techniques to capture dramatic waterfalls, macro techniques for shooting wildflowers, effective use of filters, and more.
Cost: 600.00 per person CNPA Members $550.00
* Each student is responsible for his or her own transportation, meals and lodging.
* We will carpool as much as possible from our hotel to the shooting locations.
* Full amount must be paid by
* Deadline for registrations is
* If you cancel 21 or more days prior to the workshop we will refund your registration fee less a $50 handling charge. If you cancel less than 21 days prior to the workshop your registration fee will be refunded only if we fill your slot. There will be no refund for cancellations less than 10 days before the event.